The Check on Me application provides as much transparency as possible, so that the tracked user knows he/she is being tracked. The application for example:
- only allows family members that you explicitly granted tracking permission to track you. Such permission can be removed anytime under the menu item ‘Members‘.
- the application only determines your location on explicit request of one of your family members.
- it plays an audible alert when a track request is executed.
- it shows an icon in the phone’s status bar after a track request has been executed. Clicking on the icon provides more details about the track
- it lists all tracks that have been received on the phone together with information such as when the track was requested, by whom and more.
Besides providing transparency, Check on Me allows you to temporary pause tracking using the Settings Menu.